Error: This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation.
After Windows Update, This error displayed when trying to connect to a server using Remote Desktop Connection.
Solution to solve this problem:
1. In Client Side
- Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Credentials Delegation -> Encryption Oracle Remediation
Change it to Enable and in Protection level, change back to Vulnerable.
I am not sure if it may rollback any risk of an attacker exploiting my connection. I hope Microsoft will fix this soon so I could restore the setting to the recommend setting Mitigated.
2. In Server Side
Follow these steps to enable remote desktop access using Server Manager.
- Logon to Windows Server as a local administrator and open Server Manager from the desktop Task Bar or Start Screen.
- In the left pane of Server Manager, click Local Server.
- Wait a few seconds for the information about the local server to update in the right pane. In the Properties section of the right pane you should see the status of Remote Desktop, which is disabled by default.
- Click on the status to change it to Enabled. The Systems Properties dialog opens on the Remote tab. Under Remote Desktop in the Systems Properties dialog, select Allow remote connections to this computer and click OK.
- Remember: Unchecked [Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication]
Now, you can access VPS normally!