How to connect to linux VPS from Linux OS or Windows OS
Linux OS Details:
By default, our system will send linux welcome email to your inbox once you complete the payment for your order.
In welcome email, you can get your VPS IP and your root password.
If you want to see your password again or lost your password, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your acount at https://portal.pivps.com
- Go to Services -> My Services
- Click Manage button to see your active service.
- You can see default root password here.
Once you have VPS IP, root password, you can start connecting to your VPS now.
From Linux Operating System
- Open Terminal, type following command and Hit Enter.
- You will be prompted for the Password, Enter your Password and hit Enter.
From Windows Operating System
In order to connect to SSH from Windows system, first you will have to install Putty Terminal client. Download the Putty Terminal client from here and install it in your Windows system.
- Open Putty Terminal client, you will see following window. Enter your VPS IP address, check the checkbox SSH and click on Open.
- You will be prompted for the Password , Enter your Password and hit Enter.
- You are connected to your Linux VPS through SSH from Windows system.