How to install Plesk 12.5 in Ubuntu
In order to install Plesk in Ubuntu, you need to follow these steps:
In this post, I am using a linux VPS with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bits.
- Login as root.
- Remove AppArmor: sudo apt-get remove apparmor
- Download installer from Plesk: sudo wget -O plesk-installer.sh http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer
- Plesk installer would not run under sudo so switch to su run: sudo su
- Update permission of installer script by running: chmod +x plesk-installer.sh
- Run ./plesk-installer.sh
- Follow the Script prompts with some basic information.
- Retrieve password for the admin account by running: sudo /usr/local/psa/bin/admin –show-password or you can set admin password by running: sudo /usr/local/psa/bin/init_conf -u -passwd <new_password>
- Check if PSA service is running: sudo /etc/init.d/psa status
- Start PSA service: sudo service psa start
- You can log in to Plesk panel at https://<your server IP>:8443
- Upload license key + some basic information of Administrator.
- Enjoy your web hosing
Now, you can start using Plesk in your VPS.